We are looking for a competent nurse (or perioperative nurse) to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times. They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
• Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns. • Gather all supplies needed for the operation. • Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized. • Position and prepare patient on operating table. • Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation. • Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies. • Evaluate patient in postoperative phases. • Adhere to safety standards and precautions. • Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned. • Comfort and familiarity with medical equipment, troubleshooting. • Cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment.
• Proven experience as operating room nurse (circulating and scrub). • Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques. • Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions. • In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures. • Outstanding organizational ability. • A great team player with excellent communication skills. • Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina. • Diploma in nursing and a valid license. • Must be a team player, have initiative and work well with other team members. • Must be willing to take on different roles in order to aid the growth of the business. • Must be willing to work in the duties of a regular nurse.
• The Medical Laboratory Technician will be responsible for using laboratory equipment to study and analyze various samples and specimens, to search for abnormalities and determine their causes, while maintaining lab safety protocols and documenting findings in lab systems. • The incumbent will collaborate with other lab staff and may work with potentially dangerous viruses and bacteria. • Some of the duties of the Medical Laboratory Technician includes performing complex tests on patient samples using sophisticated laboratory equipment, executing standardized tests such as bacteriological, chemical, and microscopic examination. • Establishing quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure the accuracy of test results. • The Lab Technician will double up as an FLS (Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery) laboratory /education assistant.
• The Laboratory Technician executes a range of standardized microscopic, chemical and bacteriological test including nucleic acid extraction from pathogenic cultures, RT-PCR and qPCR analyses. They take part in collecting samples which includes collecting urine, blood and other samples. They also counsel patients on pre-test requirements and answer questions related to testing. • The Technician also assess the validity of a result that are obtained, preserves proper records of the results and makes a report of results. Make sure that the testing method used follows established quality control procedure and assists with the preparation of laboratory reports. • Organizes and maintains reagents and equipment's. They perform maintenance on equipment's in the laboratory and keeps laboratory in a clean and organized condition. • To make use of the laboratory computer systems to place testing data, generate reports of testing results and search for test results for physicians. • Planning, setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials. • To maintain and follow Good Laboratory Practices. • To learn, assistant and be an exam proctor for the Fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery program. • To assist doctors with their hands on training in the FLS lab during practice.
• Degree valid for medical Laboratory Technicians. • Good Team Player. • Experience in molecular laboratory testing. • Good Interpersonal Skills. • 3+ years proven experience as a Laboratory Technician. • Computer knowledge is mandatory. • Ability to work under pressure
Driver who has an excellent working knowledge of Lagos state is needed. Must have 5 years driving experience
-Must have a current, non-expired driver’s license. -Must be able to read and write. -Must be able to commit to flexible hours. -Must be a consummate professional at all times. -Must know Lagos state driving laws and follow the traffic rules. -Must live close to Ikeja or live within 1 hr of getting to work with public transportation. -Must be able to furnish references upon request.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org