Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the ovaries and may affect one or both ovaries. The female reproductive system contains two ovaries which produce eggs (ova) and hormones like estrogen and progesterone. This Type of cancer is usually undetected at the early stage, which is why it is very important that you see a gynecologist if you experience any of the symptoms below. Surgery and chemotherapy are generally used to treat ovarian cancer.
Women with ovarian cancer are more likely to have the following symptoms, especially if these symptoms occur for more than 12 days in each month;
- Increase in abdominal size
- Weight loss
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Abdominal (belly) swelling
- Pelvic or abdominal pain
- Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
- Urinary symptoms (frequency and urgency)
- Fatigue (extreme tiredness)
- Stomach ache or pain
- Back pain
- Pain during sex
- Irregular bleeding or heavy menstrual period
Ovarian Cancer Treatment should start as early as detected. Pls visit www.miss.com.ng to make an appointment.